Placements abroad in Spain
The best way to explore the professional world and to consolidate your linguistic skills!
Today, as the use of languages is more and more important, every student is faced with the arduous task of finding a placement abroad in Spain for their studies. It’s always hard to find the ideal place to do it, but as Spanish is becoming an increasingly sought-out and widely spoken language, Spain is the ideal destination that attracts lots of young people. For this reason, I’m going to help you choose! I’m going to praise the merits of Andalusia, talking about a small town that I would really recommend: Ronda. Placements abroad in Spain
Here, you have a list of reasons as to why Ronda is THE city, best fitted for your placement:
- Firstly, we obviously can’t discuss Andalucía without talking about the climate! Andalucía is the perfect place to enjoy the sun and hot weather, especially during the summer.
- Ronda is a small town, however it’s very lively with a great ambience, and you’ll have many opportunities to see fireworks, shows, sporting events, and more! Also, Ronda is a very charming town, brimming with things to see such as its historic centre, the famous Puente Nuevo, the Arab Baths, etc…
- Ronda is located near other larger Andalusian cities such as Seville, Granada, Malaga, in which are easily accessible by bus or train. It would be the perfect opportunity to explore the major cities of Andalucía!
- If you don’t fancy venturing out into the bigger cities, then it’s worth noting the many little hidden treasures surrounding Ronda, such as; ‘la Cueva del Gato’ (the cat’s cave), the famous ‘caminito del Rey’ in the mountains, and of course the famous ‘pueblos blancos’ (white villages.)
- On a linguistic level, if you can understand the peculiar Andalusian accent, then you’ll be able to understand any Spanish accent!
- The atmosphere here is very relaxed. You’ll receive the typical warm Spanish welcome, so you will feel right at home very quickly!
- Ronda is a very touristic town, which will allow you to practice not only Spanish, but also other languages such as English, German, French, etc …
- Being a student, we often encounter money problems… but to say life in Spain is affordable, would be an understatement, especially compared to other European countries. You can enjoy traditional tapas at unbeatable prices! As for accommodation, you can easily find a shared apartment which will reduce expenses.
- Finally, I know that we, as students, like to go out at night, and this is possible in Ronda! In fact, there is a university here, so you can meet other young people and go out with them!
I hope my article will make you want to come to Ronda to do your placement, because it is truly worth it!
It’s worth noting that it is more or less easy to get a placement in Spain nowadays, but the regulations change a lot depending on the country. There is a good chance that the placement will not be paid, but you can find many other possibilities that allows students to meet their needs. For example, you can find grants proposed by your region, your university, or the Erasmus + Grant. You would have to ask the international office at your university for more information. There are also student cards such as the ISIC cards or the European Youth Card that will allow you to save money in your daily life.
Don’t forget that here in Entrelenguas we usually have foreign students doing their placement. So, if you are looking for one, do not hesitate to contact us! Enquire with the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.